Talábriga - Search and Rescue aims to carry out activities within the scope of Training, Emergency and Civil Protection, developing bonds of camaraderie among all its members.
According to the existing training and relief framework in mainland Portugal, there are several gaps in response and intervention, relief and rescue of victims in collapsed structures and / or in situations of calamity, serious accident or catastrophe.
In this way, and in order to develop these practices, the present association intends to cooperate actively with different entities related to training, civil protection and medical emergency. Since the fundamental basis of this Association is based on a perspective of volunteering, support from the community is necessary for this to be possible. The funds collected through this campaign will allow for this: the consolidation of a project with several aspects and with a perspective of volunteering and help.
It is intended to be within the competence of Talábriga - Search and Rescue:
- The formation of the elements according to the training plan;
- Participation in debate and knowledge sharing events;
- Defending the interests of the community in relation to the provision of relief;
- Cooperation in rescue actions and assistance to people and goods in danger in an emergency, serious accident or catastrophe. The existence of this team of volunteers aims at intervention in the community, with competencies for self-protection and help until they arrive or in cooperation with the existing emergency services;
- The provision of prevention and assistance services at events, provided by doctors, nurses, rescuers and psychologists.
The proceeds of the activities carried out are entirely used to support the non-profit activities of the present association.
Talábriga - Search and Rescue proposes to train its members (internal or external entities) in different areas, associated with the search, rescue and rescue of victims, independently (with its training bag) or in collaboration with other training entities. Example: Basic Life Support with External Automatic Defibrillation (SBV-DAE); First aid; Wide Angle Rescue; Mountain Rescue; Search and Rescue with Canine Unit (K-9); Search and Rescue in Collapsed Structures (BREC)
In order for the initially proposed objectives to be achieved, the Talábriga - Search and Rescue association intends to collaborate with elements associated with various areas of Emergency and Civil Protection, among them: Rescuers; Civil Construction Technicians; Binomials (Dog + Guide); Civil Protection Technicians; Psychologists; Nurses and Doctors.