A team of 11 Portuguese volunteers and 4 volunteers from São Tomé will hold the Project Principe 2018, which marks the return of Sonha, Faz e Acontece tothe island for the seventh year in a row.
We dream and make education and sustainable development happen at the African Portuguese-speaking countries.
This is Sonha, Faz e Acontece mission and Project Principe 2018 is another step towards that goal. We are going back to Principe for the seventh year in a row and during three months we will be implementing activities that urge to respond to that community's needs.
We highlight the following activities:
1. Xináa Fogáa (“Learn how to play”) Summer Camp – around 100 children will be taking part of our Summer Boot Camp with leisure and training activities;
2. Gravana workshops - reading clubs, plastic and musical expression workshops and sports activities to develop the team spirit and self-confidence of children from 6 to 12 years of age who did not have the opportunity to participate in the summer camp;
3. Traineeships – promoting short internships for youngsters from 16 up to 18 years old, partnering with companies implemented on the island of Príncipe;
4. Entrepreneurship Competition – conducting mentoring sessions and follow-up business ideas developed by local entrepreneurs and financially supporting to two winning ideas, as well as providing remote monitoring;
5. Gravana University – continuing education in Entrepreneurship, Communication and Personal Development, English and Computer Science aimed at youngsters/young adults from 16 years old onwards.
6. Rehabilitation of the Nova Estrela health post - this post serves the communities of Nova Estrela, Terreiro Velho and Abade and is in need of deep intervention on the roof.