Medicina Mais Perto: Moçambique (MMP:MZ) is an international volunteer project of the AEFML (Student Association of Medical Faculty of Lisbon) in partnership with Mozambican associations. Our goal is to provide medical and social support to the population which has poor access to the healthcare.
- Associação Voluntária de Mães de Crianças Carenciadas (AVOMACC)
- Centro DREAM de apoio ao doente VIH+ (Drug Resource Enhancement against AIDS and Malnutrition)
- Paróquia de São João Baptista do Fomento
- Plataforma Makobo
What we do?
- Screening consultations to the mothers, childrens and men of the AVOMACC;
- Refer to the specialized healthcare, if it is necessary;
- We do lectures about several topics such as maternal health, HIV/AIDS, family planning, infectious diseases, oral health, mental health, domestic management, entrepreneurship, healthy nutrition and human rights;
- Refer families to do the HIV screening;
- Home visits and domestic management;
- Encourage to return to the school.