APCE intends to develop a summer camp from 4 to 8 July 2016 in Vila Nova de Milfontes for young people with cerebral palsy and other neurological diseases and their families.
This meeting provides children, youth and their families days outside their place of residence, promoting new life experiences, contact with nature and community integration. It also allows the sharing of their life experiences, developing new skills and consolidating important social relationships of mutual aid that generalize to other contexts. We also provide a variety of recreational activities. We intend to achieve the following objectives:
- Developing autonomy by Daily Living Activities (DLAs);
- Promoting social inclusion and raise community awareness of disability issues;
- Enhancing the quality of life;
- Increase self-concept and self-esteem;
- Promote the socialization and communication;
- Raising awareness of the importance of mutual help and social participation.