We have been working for animals for 25 years. We have new projects planned for animals. Apart from the normal daily work, we have as a priority to pay off debts and ensure what is necessary for the animals for whom we are responsible.
We don't want to close down ANIMAL!
We have been working for animals for 25 years. Since our foundation, we have tried to do our best by showing professional, good quality work, similar to what is done in the world, learning and investing in our training. We work in all areas of animal protection, always bearing in mind the responsibility and importance of the service to those who cannot represent themselves.
Anyone who knows and follows ANIMAL from the beginning knows the results of our work. If you don't know us, we invite you to research, and if you like what you find, kindly support it. We want you to know that there is still a lot of work that we want to do, many projects that we have had for years and that animals need.
But to continue, we need the means and conditions to do so. Despite the public profile we may have, the truth is that we have been working in very precarious conditions for many years. With the arrival of the pandemic, the situation got worse.
Before proceeding with anything, and apart from the daily work that is time consuming and complex, we have as a priority to pay off our debts and ensure the necessary for the animals for whom we are responsible.
We therefore appeal to your support and generosity.
We need to raise at least € 5,000 to settle more bills at Hospital Veterinário Arco do Cego and Petemotions and the rest to secure medication for a couple of months. Therefore, we ask for € 7500, of which € 691.88 will be commission for the PPL, giving a total of € 6808.13
The functioning of any NGO requires daily and monthly means to be able to have a minimum of quality. ANIMAL does not count and never counted on any State support, in order to be able to maintain its independence. We have members, donations and some sporadic projects that we do with other NGOs.
We are available to answer all questions via email@example.com
Follow us on social media and get to know some of our work even better.
Banca de Rua
About the author
ANIMAL is an animal rights campaigning NGO founded in Porto in 1994. We develop education and public information campaigns about animals, their characteristics, needs, interests and fundamental rights. In addition to these educational actions, ANIMAL also develops protest campaigns, special investigations and public complaints, public relations work and legal actions.
ANIMAL's work has a strong strand of political work, being an important force in contact with authorities and political decision-makers, in order to promote the advance of animals legislative protection.
ANIMAL was founded in Porto, by Artur Mendes, on December 4, 1994. It is a Non-Governmental Organization, non-profit, with the fiscal number 504 275 089. Although in the first years, the ANIMAL had centered its activity essentially in the northern region of the country, it became an organization of national scope and with an international spectrum of action.
ANIMAL is the Portuguese member of Cruelty Free Europe, the Fur Free Alliance , the International Anti-Fur Coalition , the La Tortura no Es Cultura Platform , the Open Wing Alliance , and is a founding member and part of the coordination of the International Anti Network -Tauromaquia , among other collaborations. Althoughhaving been founded in Portugal, ANIMAL is increasingly an international NGO. Not being its first vocation (nor being in an open regime for security reasons), ANIMAL also provides - in sanctuary regime - support for individual animals, animals with chronic health problems, old age or extreme cases.
Audição em Assembleia Municipal Évora - Apoio a grupo local - Circos
Budget and due dates
- ANIMAL has currently a debt of € 3438.14 at Hospital Veterinário Arco do Cego (a Vet Hospital in Lisbon)
(There are 3 more surgeries needed, one already scheduled that we will be able to pay off, but the other two will not be able to schedule until funds from this campaign have entered.)
* the first one is already done in the moment this is published
- ANIMAL still has a debt at our dog food provider (PetEmotions) of 231.00 € (the total was 481, but fortunately we were able to recently pay 250 €)
- ANIMAL has the project of many years to register its logo, as well as its brand, in order to be able to approve products and animal friendly places. We only want to do it if it is absolutely legal and formal, and we are qualified to do so. Thus, the registration fee amounts to a total of € 149.23 (€ 127.65 + € 10.79 + € 10.79)
- ANIMAL has a national campaign in mind, which it believes will be able to raise awareness, support and, eventually, save many animals, namely animals that are destined for the Municipal Pounds. If we manage to carry it out, it will have an important public component of dissemination so that it can reach as many citizens as possible. Campaigns cost money, especially campaigns that are necessarily long and require means.
- ANIMAL has very old campaign materials, some of which are already very deteriorated and unworthy of proper advocacy for animals. It would be important that we could have new publications made, as well as other materials. The maximum amount that we would be willing to spend to, at least, replace some materials would be 500 €.
- If we manage to raise € 7500, PPL receives a commission of € 691.88, which means that, in reality, we receive € 6808.13. We would like the remainder of the value to allow us to "breathe" for a couple of months, and then be able to take care of other surgeries without being due, daily medication, food and everything else.
Note: for an NGO to work it needs to generate money on a daily basis, since the expenses, even "simple" things like computer, internet, telephone, materials, travel, repairs, medication, maintenance, etc.