We are a group of volunteers from the Program D. Bosco Projeto Vida | Fundação Salesianos that is preparing to go on a mission, to the communities of Santiago Island, in Cape Verde.
The Program D. Bosco Projeto Vida is a department from Fundação Salesianos which coordinates and sends volunteers on mission to Cape Verde, East Timor, Angola and Mozambique, with the purpose of the dynamism of several activities in the cultural, social, recreational and religious areas for the populations in contexts of greatest need.
Based on these designs, the Mission Mi Ma Bô (Creole "you and me") was created, having as the main objective to continue the work of past missions in the city of Praia, Cape Verde: Mission 1841 (2013), Mission Morabeza (2014) and Mission Sonhar (2015). This initiative will take place in 2016 between July 31 and August 19, on the island of Santiago.
Children and young people with whom we're going to be next August are natural from Cape Verde and freely and voluntarily will join us, this will be one of the most enriching experiences of our lives and for the lives of this children and young people. Those are going to be days and weeks of intense sharing and delivery. On average the missions from The Program D. Bosco Projeto Vida interact with more than 200 children a day.
Every day the mission plans to implement a variety of cultural and recreational initiatives, allowing children and young people to participate in educational activities, games and moments of reflection.
• Prevent young people of engaging in risky activities;
• From the planned activities, form the youngsters in need of rules, habits, discipline and responsibility;
• Provide opportunities for moments of fellowship, expansion and joy;
• Encourage the taste for educational and cultural activities;
• Promote playful moments to the general public;
• Offer to all the youngsters the possibility of sharing experiences of faith, animation and training;
• Promote the fellowship and friendship;
• Promote cultural exchange between all and to feel part of the society.