CADO cares for cancer patients, family members and caregivers. With remote villages in the Alto Minho, and a more aged and isolated population, it is necessary to use a vehicle to transport patients for consultations and oncological treatments.
Viana do Castelo has 10 municipalities, each one different from the other, each with its own cultures and traditions, but always a people very united around its population. The Cancer Support Center (CADO) is born with this purpose, to unite and help the population!
Many of us are moved by the commitment and compassion of the volunteers who, in their own vehicle, transport cancer patients to the IPO for consultation and treatment. The logistical problems of transporting these people are considerable.
These cancer patients we accompany often do not have anyone to help them in this battle. Others have to leave the house at 7 o'clock in the morning and return, after a chemotherapy session - debilitated - of Porto, in buses. We do not want these situations. We want to give an effective and efficient response to our country, to create quality of life for these people!
Taking these points into account, we consider it convenient to purchase a car so that volunteers can enjoy and help cancer patients. The campaign will be open for 90 days; If we do not reach our goal, the donations will be returned (except those designated as unconditional).
About the author
CADO comes up with the main objective of supporting cancer patients, their caregivers and family members. This structure aims to be a reference entity in the Alto Minho region, in the promotion and protection of health, education and social support to the cancer patient, contributing to their well-being and consequently quality of life.
Our goals are:
- To support the cancer patient, relatives and caregivers;
- Inform and disseminate the disease, with the purpose of explaining its causes and effects, promoting health and protecting the disease;
- Ensure support to the cancer patient on socio-economic and legal issues;
- Provide physical rehabilitation care and promote leisure / sports activities;
- Promote the social integration of cancer patients in society;
- Provide easy, low-cost, and even free access to certain products, essential items for the patient's physical and psychological well-being, such as breast implants, wigs, specific dietary supplements, tissues and turbans.
It is also our purpose, to facilitate the access to the cancer patient to technical and financial support, promoting awareness actions to the community through collaboration with entities with similar ends of regional, national and international scope.
The services that CADO provides to the oncological patient are comprehensive and include personalized advice, availability of information in person or by phone, we provide hospital articles in order to provide more comfort to the patient and facilitate the task of those who take care of him.
In addition to supporting the family and caregiver, it also works to promote health.
We provide free oncological health services, with doctors who are available to help patients and their caregivers.