With the arrival of the Corona Virus virus pandemic, Cape Verde also entered into a national emergency since April 1st, having been extended until May 2nd. As in so many other c...
With the arrival of the Corona Virus virus pandemic, Cape Verde also entered into a national emergency since April 1st, having been extended until May 2nd. As in so many other countries, especially those with socio-economic problems such as Cape Verde, this state has worsened the country's financial situation, taking the unemployment rate, food scarcity and generalized poverty to an extreme, which obliges the government to channel all possible funds to combat these issues.
In this way, educational and socio-cultural associations like ours, which depend on funding from the government and other institutions, saw their funds being canceled due to the economic crisis adjacent to the current pandemic.
In order for us to continue our activities and cover the monthly expenses inherent to the work done in the two youth centers on the periphery of Mindelo, we need alternative support and the goodwill and help of all.
So we aim to raise funds so that we can maintain the following activities:
- Music school : involves around 70 elements from the neighborhoods of Craquinha, Pedra Rolada and Madeira Island and continues with the technical support of Ass. Baule dei Suoni ; classes take place together every night from 6:30 pm until 9:00 pm.
- Summer school: With the end of the school, the summer school is organized for children from 6 to 12 years old, occupying them from 9 am to 1 pm with games, arts, tours, field trips, etc.
- Combating alcoholism : Awareness raising with posters, pamphlets and some meetings with professionals in the field.
- Support in secondary school : There are about 50 young people to whom we pay, in private school, the monthly fee.
- Support to entrepreneurship : support in the elaboration of projects, referrals to financing institutions, dissemination of the philosophy of the civil economy.
- Explanations for primary school children : about 150 children between morning and afternoon.
- Football : at Pedra Rolada we follow Atlético de Pedra Rolada and at Craquinha we have a partnership with Real Sociedade.
- Dance : several groups of different ages and of different modalities.
- Recording studios: in the two centers we have a recording studio where young people compose and elaborate their sounds.
- Theater : Group of children and adolescents with greater expression in Craquinha.
- Capoeira : about 50 participating children, from 6 to 14 years old.
- Female promotion : holding beauty afternoons, open conversations with pertinent themes, tea afternoon, varied activities
- Promoting a healthy relationship with nature : Cleaning campaigns in the community and on the beaches, walks, hiking in the mountains and in the fields.
- Screening of films : on Sundays, at 7.30 pm.